Are you OK day is not until September, but I don't want you to wait that long to ask yourself this question.
So much has happened over the past few months in response to the Global Pandemic of COVID-19.
We have all been impacted in different ways. In positive ways and in challenging ways. (See my "Why is this happening?" blog to see how the challenges are also good for us)
I thought now would be a fitting time to revisit the interview I did with Andrew Roberts from Farm Owner's Academy on Are you OK day last year.
We talked about farmers, but I know you will be able to relate if you are not a farmer too.
We talk about:
- how people experience unhappiness when they are not being true to themselves
- we don't always ( or never!) make ourselves a priority
- we can become addicted to working to avoid feeling
- we avoid confrontation to keep the peace
- we have been taught to "be tough" and so we have learned to hide our feelings
- mental health issues can be seen as a weakness and so we don't share how we really feel
- we care about what the "neighbours" think and so become the "street angel" and "house devil"
- we can be defensive when we receive feedback because we are in-fact our own worst critics